guiding principle of the hkc
Building a unique network combines theory and practice in flood protection
Our aim is to provide advice and information on all aspects of flood prevention and to network affected residents, flood risk management, economy, science and education, because ...
- Prevention is important to minimize damage
- Everyone should have the opportunity and access to learn practicable ways of self-preparedness
- Flood prevention must be communicated in an intelligible way
- Individually designed measures can be easily and effectively implemented in any region of the world
- By connecting affected people, economy and science, we can develop practicable adaptation strategies
- The creation of a network helps to shorten and extend information paths
- Bringing knowledge together creates new knowledge
Do need help finding information or the right contact regarding your concerns?
Do you want more infomation about the work of the HKC?